RehydroGEL Calf Electrolyte Liquid 1 litre
Brand: G Shepherd Animal Health
Product Code: RehydroGEL1L
REHYDROGEL - A COMPLEMENTARY ELECTROLYTE FEED FOR YOUNG CALVES WITH DIARRHOEA OR SCOURS.
Easy to use
Add to the milk or calf milk replacer, so need to take the calf off milk, UNLESS it is really ill and not drinking.
FREE MAINLAND DELIVERY
REHYDROGEL - A COMPLEMENTARY ELECTROLYTE FEED FOR YOUNG CALVES WITH GUT DISTURBANCES (Scours).
- EASY TO USE. Use the measuring dispenser on the bottle to add 50ml RehydroGEL to the milk feed of 2 to 3 litres of milk or milk replacer. Feed for two days, or longer if required.
- ECONOMICAL. 1 litre bottle makes 20 feeds. Working out at a maximum of £1.25 per feed
- ADD TO MILK OR MILK REPLACER , unlike some other similar products that can only be added to milk, or Sachets with sodium bicarbonate, that should only be added to water. Allow the calf access to clean drinking water.
- ADVANTAGES- easy and the proper nutrition from the milk keeps the gut cells healthier which is important. Although most sachets that mix with water have dextrose, this is not the complex nutrition that the cells need. Also the amino acids in the milk or replacer help the rehydration process.
- EFFECTIVE- RehydroGEL helps reverse dehydration and acidosis that occurs in gut disturbances (scours).
- THE CALF does better as it has been fed better through the period of having the disturbed guts.
HOWEVER, if a calf will not drink its ReydroGEL-mix, then do not tube feed it with the milky mix, but seek Vet advice , which likely will include stomach tubing with a water based electrolyte.
IMPORTANT- Calves with no suck reflex will likely need intravenous fluid therapy, so obviously, call the Vet!
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY. KEEP OUT OF SIGHT & REACH OF CHILDREN
COMPOSITION; Dextrose, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride ADDITIVES; Sodium acetate(E262), Sodium formate (E237), Xanthan Gum E415, Chlorophyll E141(ii)
ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS; Ash 25%, Sodium 7.5 %, Chloride 5%, Potassium 3%, Crude Protein 0%, Fibre 0%, Oil 0%
Calf Scour or calf diarrhoea is loose dung that has nutritional or infectious causes. It can be mild or severe and can even cause death due to dehydration and acidosis. The diarrhoea is usually yellow, watery and may have blood in it
Calf Scours can be contagious to other animals and humans, so alway use good hygiene. Wash hands, dont eat or drink in the calf house, use disinfectant footbaths etc.
Possible causes of calf scour or calf diarrhoea are cryptosporidium, e.coli, salmonella, coronavirus, rotavirus, some of which are contagious to people.
Calves should not be given antibiotic treatment like calf bolus, unless prescribed by your veterinary surgeon.
By only using antibiotics or antimicrobibials when needed, we can prevent the problem of AMR, or antimicrobial resistance.